Not all training runs feel awesome. My 15-miler this morning was proof of that. I wasn’t happy with my mile splits, my legs burned way earlier than usual and it was suffocatingly humid. But hey, that’s OK! Despite all of that horribleness, I had about two hours and 15 minutes to ponder some super deep thoughts… and now I’ll share a sampling of them with you:
1. Gray seagulls are way cuter than white seagulls. I wonder what the ratio of gray to white seagulls is.
2. Man, I need to get my butt out of bed earlier in the morning so I don’t have to run in this heat box.
3. Note: Take books from the Little Free Libraries in more affluent suburbs. Swamplandia! was in there!
4. I need to run the Disney Marathon because high-fives from Mickey and Goofy would make everything better.
5. There’s a direct correlation between how sweaty I am and how many people say hi to me. It’s all “hello” and “good morning” at mile 5, but by mile 12 everyone looks away in disgust.
6. The sound of my keys clanging against one another in my water bottle pouch is oddly soothing.
7. How cool would it be to sample stomach sloshing in a song? Has anyone done that before?
8. I have never seen so many dragonflies in my life. Call me Mother of Dragonflies!
I really ought to start listening to music on my runs, huh?